Friday, December 31, 2010

Swans

I'm looking out across a sea of placated faces,
wondering how much damage time really erases.
Can I open a window in the room to vent some of this gloom,
the built up ambient noise, a home devoid of little joys.
Your silence is more telling than anything you really say
you walked away, never come again to stay, maybe to play, but not today.
But I want my shadow back, somebody to walk beside me
somebody to help me pick up the slack.
push our toes threw the sand on a beach in the promised land.
This auditorium my last stand,
won't you sit down there and keep your eyes on me?
the last desperate act of a guilty man tryin' a be free.
A bird in cage is always aware of its clipped wings,
a picture's worth a thousand different things,
it's just some guy on a cross, three days for the loss,
angel man in the cave's the boss.
Tellin' you why the rock was rolled back,
turn around to the see their tracks.
Can catch up to 'em too, just need to count to twelve,
in the library of the soul pulling tears off the shelves.
Always on my feet, I'm quick like a cat,
but if I had nine lives, why did I use 'em like that.
I'm in the middle of my own civil war, new streets but I've been here before.
Take the fork in the road, a needle in the weather vain
there's no shame in coming clean out of the shower.
Get my back for an hour, just let me fall
asleep in your gaze,
just got up and told 'em my name,
there's no praise to give because it won't be true.
And I could die in this bed lookin' back up to see you.
There's my life and my name and I'm waring 'em out,
Somethin' deep inside's finding its way to the door,
I managed to find from the floor.
Lemme have just five minutes more.
Got me a list of names who've been good to my bad,
time to fix it by sending sorries out into the dark night.
In any light, this wasn't right,
feed me tomorrow and I won't bite.
Just want you to know that I mean it,
so you can just sit back and glean it from my smile
that I smile when I'm looking at you,
from the rays of light from my brain when I'm thinkin' bout you.
Just one more chance to make it right, just sit tight,
28 days and a couple of nights.
The past is gory, got no glory,
featured voice in a broken toy storey.
Gotta get down off this wall, walk threw the mall.
Just a clear window between you and your dreams, it seems.
I placed a bet on the high of my lowest regret,
it fell on red but my wager was security set.
Walk me out to the street, call me a cab,
the last stab,
in the guts with this shaky microphone,
Are there anybody's lights on at home?
where I return alone.









No comments: