Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What The Bachelorette is Really all about

Okay, I hate to admit this, but I've watched the last two episodes of the latest vomit-inducing installment of the 'reality' show, The Bachelorette.   Starting off with twenty-five suitors to choose from, usually ranging in age from early 20s to mid 30s, this year's lady of the hour is Jillian Harris.

Ms. Harris, having had the unfortunate experience of being eliminated from the latest installment of that other show, The Bachelor, is now the center of attention.  Each night, the men burn and pine and in the grandest of cliched gestures, compose half-assed ballads played underneath her window.  She reaches for a tissue and cries, I reach for my bucket and vomit.

But enough of the hating.  

After watching the show, I feel the need to inform Ms. Harris she's still second fiddle.  But this time not to another woman, to a flower.  Think I'm wrong?  Watch the show for yourself.  You can hear the guys during their retrospective interviews in between segments.  

"I hope I get a rose."
"Who's going to get a rose tonight?"
"If I don't get a rose, I'm going to be pissed."
"If you're here for the wrong reasons, you don't deserve a rose."

Sorry Ms. Harris, it's all about the rose.  


No comments: