Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Japan...arrival

August 15-6pm.

After a twelve hour flight, and a couple of pictures of the Alaskan mountians, the Boeing 474-400 aircraft landed in Narita, Japan. After a 1 hour train ride, I arrived in Toyko.

What`s amazing about the city is the amount of people, large crouds, moving unimpeded through narrow streets that reflected the glow of the many bright neon signs high above. It`s strange to be the outsider in a foreign place. It seems that everywhere I walk, the eyes of strangers follow. Before I take a step, they know where I will go, or so it seems.

My first food experience was a sushi bar. The setup was unique. All of the chairs were placed in a circle, and in front, a track brought around the food the resturant served. There were many different types of sushi, not that I can tell you what they were, but nonetheless, I welcomed the fresh taste of athentic Japanese sushi.

More to come. Tomorrow Mike and I head for Kyoto.

No comments: